Saturday 30 January 2016

Park Run

Groggy this morning with post travel sleep deprevation but cajoled Jacqueline and Jack to run Park Run with me.

Jogged over there actually feeling pretty good opting for just a t-shirt with it being 10 dc warmer than NYC. So in the 4k warm up I averaged 4.25s.

A quick 2 minutes rest and we were off and it was blowing a gale on the top straight with me out in front with no Messi or Foxy around to follow. First k buzzed up 3.38 (slow - wind!) and the second even slower through the muddy section. The 3rd quicker again on the flat despite the wind with me purposely running onto the grass to force the Blackheath Harrier guy behind me to pull his weight into the wind and stop clipping my bleedin' heels - he was not having it and followed me onto the grass (scandalous). It was like a scene out of the TdF when the peleton swiches quickly from one side of the road to the other to maintain maximum drafting effect. The 4th k was slow again (muddy section) before a final 3.26.

The guy who had drafted on my shoulder the entire way finally fell away. All up it was a slow 18.19 but ok given conditions and also a first place but purely due to fact that the younger fellas Messi and Foxy were elsewhere.

Jack ran another PB in 22.29 (30 seconds quicker than last week) and Jacqueline 28.29 also a PB and a full minute quicker than last week.

Then dragged family out for brekkie followed by homework and short bike ride with Ryder coming too. 3 more slow ks pushing Ryder some of the way.

To make a change we had glorious sunshine today ahead of the forecast wet weather tomorrow. With Messi crook looks like I will be running solo in the rain tomorrow.

Meanwhile in the FA Cup: Sammy Agnew 1 - Timmy Lindop zilch. Palace have  now beaten 'little' Stoke 4 times and drawn 1 in the last 5 games. Can there be any doubt which is the more mediocre?

My peleton:

No comments:

Post a Comment