Sunday 2 October 2016

Super Sunday

Still VERY flat this morning and with us thinking Ryder has Scarlett Fever it was not a good start to the day. After a family brekkie I made the bold move to ride to Jack's game in Caterham. I started thinking hang on when should I turn around but I perservered. Glorious day with October being the new September and arrived for the start of the second half. It was a nice cycle friendly route on some lanes which took me through Chelsham, Warlingham and Whiteleaf. The Caterham home pitch was picture perfect too.

On my arrival and still in a daze one of the parents quipped that I was stalking the team but it had an edge to it. So I calmly walked over and said 'so am I not allowed to watch my son?'. He was taken aback and even more so when I explained that I was indeed  the father of one of his son's teammates. It got better as he quickly apologised and was noticeably embarrassed. Immediately Jack scored 2 splendid goals one where he dribbled past 3 players and whacked it from 25 yards hitting the left hand side netting. 5 minutes later it was the same again but this time it was all about Sincere who brought the high ball down, swivelled in one movement, dribbled and floated a beauty of a pass to Jack who hit the identical first time shot. Great goal.  Sincere is probably the best player I have ever seen of Jack's age group - no one even close in Aus. Relatively new to football and not coached (it's a plus for him) he is insanely good. Jack and him link really well. The first pic below is of both of them together. I will put serious money on him making it!

Route: https://www.strava.com/activities/731945937

I then headed straight to Lukie's game at the Bromley Arena where he also scored a nice goal with the ball nestling in the same left hand corner. He took it really well and Jacqui and I both gave him the thumbs up. Lukie played against Lewisham Tigers (where I grew up) and the entire team were black boys. I love watching the SE London kids play and I love the fact that my kids are being exposed to every creed, colour and race. The boys thrive on it. Jack's new best mate at school is Marly a smiler if I ever saw one. Some of thre pics below are of Jack's team - a great set of kids.

50kms today and 235 for the week including the 80 around Richmond Park on Wednesday early doors.
















No comments:

Post a Comment