Tuesday 28 June 2016

Brexit followed by Eurexit. The worst week in living memory

43 min slot at lunch (I have now finally adopted my mother's German side) to get to gym. Left glute still sore so foam rollered it and then jogged 3k before getting bored. At least I got away from my desk despite Brexit now in full force.

This afternoon stress levels topped out a whopping 9 out of 10. Absolutely brutal.

The funniest quote of the day that 'Roy Hodgson is the sole candidate to lead a coherent Brexit plan'.

On that note there is really no point even talking about last night's events. I can honestly say it was the first time in my life I finally gave up on the English football team. At half time I really could not care less. One day seeing England win a major tournamnt is in my top 10 bucket list. May be even top 5 but the chances are unbearably slim.

Yesterday before the game I wrote that the problem with English football is the English people. We are so far behind it is untrue. We still think we are better than everyone else. It's a complete joke and the same goes to the Brexit vote. Even I sat there last night with a little Schaden Freude with England going out to Iceland and dare say it resonated with 99% of Europeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment