Thursday 3 December 2015

15 years (Lux)

Today was my 15th anniversary at my firm. The day also marks the day that I met Jacqueline. 3 countries, 4 boys and 2 emigrations later we are still going strong. Life is extremely busy for us 7 days a week but somehow we make it work. I love her dearly and there is no way I could have managed it without her.

Worked late last night and then up at 5 to get to Lux. 

Nice evening spent with the Lux team at Le Sud (Michelin * restaurant). Lux is a microcosm of what Europe stands for. In the team we have a motley crew of Germans,  French, Portuguese, Dutch and Skandinavians. I really enjoy the diversity. We spoke about how the population swells every day by 20% with people coming across the border from neighbouring Germany and France to work. The Australian government would have a heart attack at the mere thought. It's a nice place Lux and lucky to come here often.

Before dinner I snuck out to the hotel to put the running shoes on. It was cold and wet so decided on the treadmill.  The only problem being that it was 50dc inside as was next to the sauna and indoor swimming pool. At 3k I was sweating buckets and by 8k I was totally dehydrated. Held on for 10k in 3.59s.

Pics below of the Christmas markets and the final course at dinner (600 gateauxs). I rolled out of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment