Friday 4 December 2015

15k TTT

Groggy this morning but sunny day in London town.

Had a window at lunch and decided on a 15k treadmill time trial (TTT) at 3.45s. At 9k was beginning to get ragged but held on. It was not pretty. The new found optimism continues though been here many times before.

I think this run even surpasses my 17.10 5k TTT last week. Am not naive enough to suggest that is indicative of outdoor times but it's a start and confirms relative improvement. Even before the marathon this year I could barely run 10k at 3.45 let alone 15 and ran 2.51. This time last year I was not running and was when I had the cortisone injection. It meant that at Christmas 2014 I was unfit.

* The ankle is sore from drinking too much and that remains a worry.

This Christmas period is going to be absolutely critical if I am to start on any 2.40 curve. It's the only time of the year where work is genuinely quiet and need to make the most of the time. I have negotiated with myself to run every day and to hit 100k weeks.

Am going to die trying.

Fotheringham in the Guardian:

"Froome’s weight loss over the years was also a factor in his success, with a 2007 test carried out on behalf of the World Cycling Centre at Aigle, Switzerland, showing him at 76.5kg compared to his 2015 Tour de France weight of 67kg. His power output remained essentially the same over those years, pointing to a rise in power-weight ratio as a key reason for his improvement."

Tweet from Daniel Friebe: "So Chris Froome's a black belt at cycling. Right, back to work, everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment