Saturday 13 August 2016

Night rider

Left home before 7 on my bike and got home past 10. Long long day but did my 40 gym work out and with the 90mins of cardio from the commute.

The night ride home with no lights was insane. And had to draw on all of my bike handling skills to get home with no close shaves. In fact I rode like the wind and got home in just over 35 mins. It was exillarating from start to finish with the adrenalin pumping me home. The one way section around the Elephant & Castle was memorable.

It reminded me about the close shave from last weekend whilst riding with O and Mo behind when on the last flat country lane before Westerham O and I were chatting and all of a sudden a Merc came screeching round the corner. I looked the lunatic right in the eyes and thought I was a goner but somehow dropped the left shoulder and avoided him whilst also not knocking O off. Riding a bike is no joke. I can still hear the screeching from the car's brakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment