Sunday 22 November 2015

Semis and penalties

Got out early with Messi in zero temperatures with thick ice covering the puddles.  Turned into a glorious morning with bright sunshine but my running was still off.  I was struggling from the start.  Gee-whiz my running is rubbish at the moment.  We decided on some loops around Beckenham Place park for 19kms in 4.30s.

As soon as I was home I was out the door again to drive Lukie and Jack to their respective games, both semi-finals.  Ryder and I dropped Jacqui and Jack at his game and then we legged it to Lukie's game in Chislehurst.

It was 1-1 at full time and so the dreaded penalty short out.

Boys arm in arm ahead of shoot-out:


Lukie's penalty to make it 4-3:



Oh shit he misses and bursts into tears for the second day running - now being consoled by his team mates:


But miraculously they hold their nerve to win (L still moping in the background and still being consoled):







The moping did not last long when at dinner he quipped to J:  "Mum, I need to get a new bum coz it's got a hole in it!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment