Sunday 22 November 2015

X Country

Lucas had his x country today at Crystal Palace.  There is literally a cast of thousands and a lot of competition.  Lucas was pumped at the start but came in well down.  He immediately burst into tears.  Upsetting for us as parents but I loved the fact that he was so upset about it.

The rest of the day we just made sure he was ok.  At lunch without cue he came over and gave me a massive hug.  I then said I needed one of these per day to which he responded that one a week was enough!

Tommy was away with Omi and Granddad at one of his further learning weekends - he's due back tomorrow. 

Jack had a day off from Millwall.  He's playing tired at the moment.  It was pouring with rain in the morning and it was bloody freezing, in fact was snowing partially in the AM so Ryder also ditched his training.

In the afternoon I spent a large chunk working (the theory that you work less the more senior you get is clearly a myth) but did manage a 9k jog on my home circuit in 4,15s.  My running has really gone backwards with having only ran a couple times a week for the last few.  Whenever I am hyper stressed at work there is an inevitable detrimental impact on my running.  To the point where I think that my current work volume basically gives me no chance in getting properly fit.  I felt horrid the whole way round.  Out in the morning with Messi for 90mins.  Exactly what the doctor ordered and very thankful for the invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment