Sunday 3 April 2016

All 6 of us together

Today the 6 of us all got up early and hit the slopes.  Ryder just #6 is now more than capable in handling the tougher reds and easier blacks and so we all just stayed together.  With more glorious sunshine and because this was the last day that our side of the mountain was open (Schmitten) we basically had it to ourselves.

First we did the red from the Schmittenhoehe down to the Kappellenbahn a few times - I took my turn with the Gopro and filmed Tommy from behind but was too focused on him and stacked it (proper!).  We then headed right to the other side of the mountain to the jump park which after my fall and risking injury last week decided to give it a miss this time.  I had the respeonsibility of getting Ryder back up the drag lift and all was going swimmingly until Ryder's skis crossed and we both fell on the steepest section.  I had to grab Ryder from falling down the ravine.  It was then a mad scamble to get his skis off, back on again, him back onto the lift whilst I had to walk.

It was not Ryder's day on the lifts as soon after he left his arm out over where the safety bar comes back down and once everyone had rested their skis on it his arm was being squashed.  I quickly screamed for everyone to take their skis back up.  I swear I thought his arm was broken.  Ryder is tough as boots but he was proper whirling and must have really hurt.  I felt really bad for him. 

He thankfully quickly perked up after we went down the 'Fun Park' which includes more jumps, slides and tunnels for the boys to go nuts over.









 






This is us having hot choccies and Struedel post the Fun Park:











Almost forgot, did a 11k loop around the lake pre dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment