Saturday 16 April 2016

Shit scared

Whilst doing some footie training with #2 boy Jack this afternoon I almost scared myself to death. At the very end of the session in the backyard we finished with some tackling training. I would shout 1 2 3 and we'd take three quick steps to go in for a 50:50. We had done 20 or so on both legs but on the very last Jack's knee twisted and he screamed before rolling on the ground in agony. The poor bugger was in a huge amount of pain. I swear I thought I had busted his knee and felt sick as a result.

Jacqui came running outside and we lifted him onto the couch, stuck some cushions underneath his leg and immediately iced plus gave him some pain killer.  We toyed with taking him to hospital but after calling the emergency numbers decided best to keep him home.

Really not sure what happened and felt so so bad. I am 99% sure that my intensity was consistent but perhaps he got more confident and increased his.  I have history too as when we were in Threadbo in the Snowy Mountains a couple of years back we toppled over together on the bobsleigh. Same story I was completely fine but Jack had managed to burn his entire arm. 

Will see how he is tomorrow for his game but pretty sure he won't be ok but preying that he will be ok for the European tournament next month.

On the running front I ran to Park Run, ran around at AMP and then jogged straight home again. 

Special mention to Messi aka Roger who ran a 16.18 PB today on a muddy course. He's in fantastic shape having ran a 114 half PB 2 weeks back. He's all set for a 2.37 marathon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment