Friday 15 July 2016

Nice

Terrible news to wake up to with the stories from Nice. Simply horrible and it seems that every week we are faced with a global tragedy. I spent many a summer holiday in Nice on that same promenade. In fact I can even remember having pretend running races with my folks and siblings whilst eating the Karomac chewies or wherever they are called. Heartfelt thoughts go to the families who were effected. They are good people.

My floor today was similarly somber. We are an equal mix of Germans French Spainish and me being one of the few Brits. I would not have it any other way and missed that multi cultural interaction whilst in Aus. London is truly the capital of Europe and undeniably this is now at stake.

I am annoyed by Brexit and the aftermath on so many levels but now is exactly why we need a united European Union.

And this after Froome having to run up Mont Ventoux yesterday.  The world has gone stonking mad. A friend was up there and said that it was chaotic, the issue being that all the supporters up the mountain had crammed to the lower slopes given the 6k shortening.

Today was the usual insane day in the office but again forced myself away from my desk for 60 minutes of stretching and strength. It helped as it always does.

Have been invited to Lords on Sunday courtesy of one of the law firms and will surprise #1 Tommy A x. I have been meaning to take him since we have been back as we made a promise to his Manly Villiage teacher who put Lords as her #1 place she most wants to visit above anywhere else. I was about the same age when my dad took me to see Richard Hadley no less play for the Kiwis against Gatting Gower and co. I also remember that like yesterday. It's funny what moments you do remember.

Have to say I am incredibly thankful for having 4 amazing normal healthy boys and an adorable wife - I love them dearly and always set out to tell them and hug them everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment