Thursday 18 May 2017

Double header

On the various fronts:

Running
Lunch - Ran post some stretching 10k @ 4s.

PM - track session at Norman Park with the Petts Wood crew (Messi et al). Session was 4 × (1k + 200ms). Ran them in 3.20s on a soaking track and the 200s post 30 secs recovery in 35s. 3 mins rest in between each set. Good session and thankful to Messi for hanging around.

Reckon about 26 for the day and the left knee feels much better thanks to all the work.

Work
Day spent discussing the post Brexit landscape and putting out one humongous fire which has had me seriously worried all week. Stressful.

Chat of the day
With colleague who told me about his recent brain tumour operation. I had no clue.  Holy shit that put my strains into perspective. I felt touched that he shared the whole thing with me. Work is stressful but those moments show that underneath all the bravado we are all human beings.

Home
Still in the dog house.

No comments:

Post a Comment