Sunday 14 May 2017

Mental Health Awareness week

Back in London and straight into the madness of work. I've been suffering from a tight right glute but stretching my hip flexors has helped.

Monday - stretch and jog
Tuesday - 3k fast and 7k slow
Wednesday - tread 10 tempo on 3.44s and jog home
Thursday - tread 10 on 4s
Friday - 13k slow with Daniel and messi early morning
Sat - 12k incl slow park run (jogged around with messi but still sub 20)
Sun - no time with 3 football matches so tempo'd again on my home circuit (9.5k in 36.20 ish / 3.50s). Pretty good going on a hilly route.

80ish ks for the week.

It's mental health week this week - a really important subject for me. This is a great podcast on the subject - I also met Charlotte Reed this week who has a pretty cool story. They reckon that the 1 in 4 who suffer from depression is now more like 2 out of 3.  I have become an expert on the subject matter and if anyone wants to talk to me about it they should feel like they can. samagnew1974@yahoo.co.uk

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/flintoff-savage-and-the-ping-pong-guy/id1201798262?mt=2

Charlotte Reed story:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/how-this-illustrator-beat-her-depression-by-putting-pen-to-paper/ar-BBASW36

Boys did well in their footie this weekend.  Jack's team won their league and today he scored a 30 yard Beckham-esque free kick, his speciality.  Lukie also won his cup final and played out of his skin first half.

Finally I wanted to take the time to congratulate Ben Strecky for running sub 35 for the Sydney10 10k. I am delighted for him and as fellas go there is no one nicer knocking around. He's a gent and miss having him around.

Weekend pics including the visit to uncle Jeremy's to see Kate and the seriously cute baby bear G:























Free kick:


 J and Sin - Sin is by far away the most talented boy I have yet to see play youth football. I really hope he makes it. 




 Freekick again


 Sin with a great flick and first time volley:





 J and Sin:

Lukie cup final:










1 comment: