Thursday 25 May 2017

Giro

Busy day in the office juggling many balls that were constantly being fired up in the air - it got me scrambling. Basically dealt with the full array of issues today.

For self preservation I got to the gym at lunch and feeling tight I jumped straight into the Mark P exercises followed by 10k on the treadmill at 4s. I am beginning to feel fit with the HR only 137 at 5k and 140ish at 10k. That is a record for me. Pretty sure I have never had it lower than 146. Out with Messi for a long one in the morning after bailing the track session tonight. None of the crew were going to be there and so decided to miss.

Story of the day:
At lunch I listened to the Giro d'Italia podcast which featured Mike Woods as a guest who is riding for Canondale at this year's Giro.  Now not a lot of folks know this but he was actually a very talented runner (3.57 miler) who had to give up because of injury and only stumbled across cycling well into his 20s. A great story and always wondered how decent runners would cope on the bike, in fact I don't know of any other elite cyclist with a running background.

Love these type of stories.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/michael-woods-turning-running-heartbreak-into-cycling-success/

Pic of the day - our Lukie:




No comments:

Post a Comment