Tuesday 12 September 2017

Lux board meetings

First time in a long time I slept really well. Almost 11 hours which is some kind of record for me.

Ran around the park behind the hotel early morning, nearly a 2k loop and ran 8 times for 15k in 4.20s. Felt my left side on every single step with a shooting pain every couple of minutes.  Quite tired at the end and probably due to the the amount of ibuprofen I've been taking.

No denying it, I am pretty down.

2 things, actually 3:

1. The debacle of CPFC continues. If it was not bad enough, Timmy Lindop is killing me.

2. Mike Woods - have written about him previously. The sub 4 minute miler aged 18 but had to quit running because of injury. He fell into cycling late at the age of 28 and this weekend cemented his new cycling career by coming 7th overall in the Vuelta riding for Connondale-Drapac. A fantastic achievement and a great story. He stuck in there with all the GC contenders on all the climbs!

3. Last week I had coffee again with Stan Louloudis, double gold Olympic medalist in the London and Rio Olympics. He has the world at his feet. Still only 24 and 2 golds, 1st class degree from Oxford and now an internship in our team. He is super grounded too.  It gets better as he is now running and better again as he is slower than me! Running Friday lunch times with him from now on.

I previously wrote about him as part of a talk I attended which he was involved in. I asked him more on the revered East German coach Groebler. Very interesting stuff and he has strong views!


No comments:

Post a Comment