Sunday 9 April 2017

Foxy's trail

Met Messi at the top of the hill and then Foxy in Norman Park. Messi made us late again:) he was still fuming re his beloved Barca losing away to Malaga last night 'playing for the title and they're bloody walking' he moaned.

After quick chat re where we would head (I pleaded for out of the park) Foxy suggested one of his routes which started the back way to Hayes school (his regular commute) through a number of fields which is ridiculous when you think it's still in London. At this point I got confused where we were but it was roughly the direction of Keston. Messi's OCD than notched up another level when Foxy embarked on a trail through the woods but with hills thrown in. Messi by this point was beside himself :)

At around 13k I was feeling pretty good on a 4.40ish pace and with the conversation flowing the time was going quickly. Continuing with my theme to date of no brekkie and gels I also avoided carbs last night and knew that I was depleted. Had to focus for a while as we headed around the fields of Farnborough. Foxy was intent on showing us Rio Ferdinand's house on one of the most exclusive roads (Park Aveneue) I've ever seen with cars north of 100k sitting on all the drive ways.

We then said our farewells as Messi and I headed to the park whilst Foxy headed home. From there we upped the pace a little to average 4s for the final 8k home (even going up Mead Way quickly which we never do) to get home for 28k in 4.19s on a warm (all relative) and sunny morning.

Big thanks to Foxy for the new scenery. I often bag South London but some of the countryside around here is stunning.

The rest of the day was spent on the sofa working whilst watching Roubaix and some gardening. I said that Sagan would win but a mechanical put pay to that - he's been so unlucky this Classics' season.

130k for the week and with 2 weeks out I am basically done. Will run some mile repeats with Messi/Foxy on Tuesday morning and Park Run on Saturday and that'll be it.

Pics of the garden which is coming along and this morning's route:

https://www.strava.com/activities/934263656



















No comments:

Post a Comment