Sunday 16 April 2017

Park Run 17.07

Really did not know what to expect today after yesterday.

Drove over to N Park with my co pilot for the day Lukie. A quick warm up together with some more strides and then bumping into Messi with his folks over from Barcelona. You can tell that they are not from around here as they actually look healthy.

Then at the start it was the usual gang with Daniel, Foxy, Brendan all asking each other nervously what the plan of attack was. I stuck to my guns and said I would go out hard and see where I end up. Conditions were also not great with a howling wind and still on the new summer route (on the grass which again had not been cut).

And so we set off with me trailing the leading pack which was Messi and about 4 young Balckheath Harriers. I tried to hang on but as the k beeped up 3.15 I knew it was too quick followed by a period of slog for another relatively quick 2nd k and then as per last week I could sense Foxy behind. He soon went past and unlike last week I let open a little gap which was a mistake. Annoyed with myself I persevered for ks 3 and 4 which were my slowest around 3.30. As you come around for the last half  of the final lap I noticed Lukie on the back straight and he immediately waved at me with me doing the same in return (love that boy!).  Then the final k where you have to zig zag around the back markers. Finished up with 17.07 in 3.25s (official time longer) and annoyed I did not get under 17. Perhaps in different conditions it could have been different.

Messi ran 16.07 and Foxy 16.50ish - 2 cracking runs in the condiditons. Daniel also ran well for 17.42. Brendan from across the road also PBd with a sub 21 and made up for him as he also runs London next weekend. He has improved no end and reckon he will comfortably run under 4 hours next week if he runs the race on its merit and not the occasion (very good going for someone in their 50s who has only recently taken up running). Lukie also ran well for around 26 minutes.

J was suffering from the same headache I had yesterday and literally did not leave her bed all day. This meant all day room service but Lukie and I snuck out to watch a very entertaining 2 each draw against Leicester. The Palace was again electric involving a decent come back after gifting them 2 goals.  The Fanatiacs gave a really nice celebration also to our Wilf Zaha with him reaching 250 games for the Palace.

Pics of the day including Messi+Daniel, team Fox (all ran PBs), Lukie's front flip and steady Eddy who we sit with:
























No comments:

Post a Comment