Thursday 6 April 2017

Mum and Dad's

With J and the boys away spending my hard earned cash, I opted for a night at Mum and Dads.  Been meaning to do this for a while and jogged here straight from the office. Nice evening and 10k done in 5s. With jog to TS earlier in the day it got me to 12k for the day. Super nice and easy. This morning I actually felt fanatastic despite yesterday's session.

Always interesting chat with both:

1. Me moaning about London's pollution. It is a mess. Writing this I can still feel the fumes on the back of my throat. There are literally thousands of kids every day at inner city London schools who are unknowingly being polluted. Sadiq Khan is rightly tackling this but it will take 5 years at least and they really need to ban diesel cars. Until that point there is no way I would live within the 10k radius of the city. Reckon my folks who live in SE23 are just about ok but absolutely no closer.

2. Brexit - Mum almost in tears all over again. My Dad kept going on about Boris - he has a strong dislike for the bloke and that is putting it mildly. See snippet below from the Telegraph a few years back which sums it up.

3. Footie - Dad is a mad Barrow fan, his home town and they are playing our Bromley FC (the boys' club) in the national league next weekend. We'll all be there.

4. More footie - this time our shared dislike for Arsenal football club. Cannot wait to smash them at Selhurst for the night game next week. Everyone is up for it.

5. Mum's home town Wolfsburg - Jack is playing against them in Wolfsburg in 3 weeks.  Mum is made up and nice symmetry. I still think of my old mate Gary Hall when I think of Wolfsburg. Gary found it more than hilarious that about 10 years ago Wolfgang Wolf!!!! no less was the manager there. You could not make it up.

Boris, hard canvas and my bedtime-view:







No comments:

Post a Comment