Sunday 26 July 2015

Christopher Froome 2 - DOUBTERS 0

To be honest I have been pretty disappointed with all the DOUBTERS who I have written about a fair bit over the last few weeks.  They have done their very best to spoil this amazing event (TdeF) and throw Christopher Froome's credibility into the trash can.

The incessant jibes were shot in Froome's and Team Sky's direction knowing full well they have their hands tied and are limited in terms of how they can respond. 

Basically if we cannot trust these guys then we have lost the very core which sport has to offer - that is in itself very sad and means we also cannot trust our favourite rugby, football, tennis players et al.  I say if you don't like it, stay away (on ya bike son!)

It is damn right ignorant to accuse the likes of Geraint Thomas of doping and compare him to the other G (George Hincapie) and is doing these guys a real disservice.  As I have said previously there is no heat let alone smoke with Team Sky.

There is no disputing the fact that Froome is an incredible athelete and am pretty sure he would have a hattrick of Tour wins had it not been for his crash on stage 5 last year. 

Moreover, he has faced more adversity in these 3 weeks than any other athlete in recent memory and has come through with his integrity 100% in tact.  I applaud him for that as I do the rest of his team mates such as Thomas and Porte who have all shown their weaknesses, as indeed Froome did on those last two torturous mountain stages.  I am not sure if I have ever seen a more courageous act. The finale was thrilling.

Special mention to Adam Hansen who I've mentioned previously who finished his record 12th Tour in a row today.

On the running front, Jack and Lucas were out early doors to run the Sunday Park Run - the UK have rolled out a Sunday 2km race for < 14s.  Jack was 5th in 8.xx and Lukie in 10.10.  I only rolled out of bed as they got back home.

I snuck out around 3pm avoiding the rain and thought what the heck I'll do 10 x 1kms with 90 secs recovery.  Started the first three in 3.37s and then slowed to a 3.43 average.

https://www.strava.com/activities/354493880

Happy that I committed to the session but form is still no where to be seen.  That said a solid week of training with > 60kms (4 speed sessions) and a couple of rides thrown in.  Bike form always seem to be good in comparison. If time was not a constraint I would focus on the bike much more than I do.

Here is Thibout Pinot's winning Alpe D'Huez ride - a not too shabby 38mins up the Alpe hairpins :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/353888183

No comments:

Post a Comment