Saturday 18 July 2015

Park Run and bike TT

Only Dad and Tommy out for Park Run this morning as Lukie and Jack bottled it after late nights at the 20:20 game down at the gorgeous Canterbury ground.
I have been feeling crap recently - it must be mental - and can't blame it on the ankle which is feeling 80% better. May be it has just knocked my confidence.  In any case I managed a 17.55 with the ks starting sub 3.30 and then slowing (as per usual) until the normal final push in the last k. Roger ran well (potential 2.35 marathon runner) in 16.55 and Simon (2.40 in London this year) powered past me in the final 400ms. He is well off his top fitness too.
Spent the afternoon in the garden having water fights with the boys which in theory belongs to us now as we have agreed a price with the landlady. Now just need to find the cash. Donations welcome.
Jacqueline gave me a free pass in the afternoon and so motivated to avoid hearing anything titled cricket I jogged over to the local bike shop to pick the bike up post a much needed service.  Got talking to the owner of Le Bicycle 'Alex' who turns out to be from Sydney and use to run the bike shop in Hornsby which we use to ride past on the 3 Gorges ride. He then asked me where I bought my bike and so I proceeded to tell him about Bike Addition in Manly. So you will have bought it from Sean? a mate of mine he says. To which I replied I did, as well as a bunch of my Manly mates (Ben Stecky, Ben G and Tommy H). We swapped stories and then rode the 2km home.
Still trying to avoid the cricket I quickly got changed and headed out into the neighbouring country side on my bike which was feeling super sweet post the service. Felt good so ended up riding 90% threshold all the way round on my tough hilly circuit managing to hold >30kmph average. It's a technical course on the lanes to boot. Lots of sharp corners which are unsighted and some +10% gradients which make it a lot of fun.
Feeling guilty when I got home I headed straight to the shops for dinner to feed the fam.
Man of the day has to go to Steve Cummings, arguably the most liked rider on the circuit, who took his and Team Qhubeka's first ever stage win on Mandela Day no less. It's been an incredible Tour for this first ever African team.
Loser of the day goes to the gentleman who chucked a cup of urine in Froome's face and Jalabert / Rassmussen (serial dopers as riders) who now earn their trade as DOUBTERS, err sorry reporters on the Tour and in doing so taking the meaning of hypocrisy to another level. 
This gives you a sense of the TdeF mayhem on the supposed easier transitional stage. I love the bit half way through when Cav screams 'Mottooooo' as the Police motorbikes are trying to make their way through on the inside. He's such a lad.
GoPro: Tour de France 2015 - Stage 8 Highlights: http://youtu.be/0rtmriDfb4o
The country lanes / afternoon:

No comments:

Post a Comment