Friday 24 July 2015

Usain

After yesterday's late night I dragged myself out of bed this morning. Heavy rain to boot further dampened the mood.

It's been raining in London all day and not good timing with the Anniversary Games tonight / tomorrow. What must Usain be thinking?  'I could be back home in sunny Jamaica and I've come all this way for this?' 

Well Usain let me tell you, you're not the only one! 

In all seriousness though it will be a cracking 2 days of athletics. It's amazing to think that 3 years have passed since the Olympic Games. The family and I were fortunate enough to be at both the Super Saturday day and evening sessions. It will live long in the memory. The boys still talk about seeing Usain in the flesh and wow that Saturday night. Is quite surreal looking back and was an amazing summer of sport.

My Tour de France predictions are still looking good with really only the Alpe to come tomorrow:

1. Froome (by 3mins)

2. Quintana 

3. Nibali

4. Contador

Almost forgot, uneventful 8kms on work treadmil squeezed in at lunch avoiding the rain. Will run Park Run in the morning.

Man of the day: Usain. The closest I have ever seen to a living Superman. Not only is he the best runner I have ever seen, but his personality is larger than life. Truly exceptional, truly great.

The highlight of the day was the 20 mins spent at brekkie with the little man. Happy boy. Love him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment