Friday 11 September 2015

London lunchtime smog (12kms in 4.30s)

Plan was to get up early and run into work but after all the travelling and late nights I was way too tired and rolled over back to sleep.

Got out at lunch instead for the first time in months and ran my usual lunchtime London city circuit:

1. Fleet Street

2. Covent Garden

3. Trafalgar Square

4. The Mall

5. Buckingham Palace

6. Houses of Parliament 

7. South Bank

8. Tower Bridge 

9. St Pauls  

10. Blackfriars

Pics are in chronological order. 

The run was noticeably tough on the throat and lungs. The pollution here in summer is as bad as I have ever known it. I actually feel like I have smoked a pack of fags. It really cannot be good for you. The fact that I've ran in the fresh air of NZ, Aus and Holland over the last week hit home how bad it actually is. I am pleased that we have made home in Bromley away from the smog and have also decided that serious sessions need to be done there and not in the city. 

The air is made a whole lot worse by all the dust from the construction happening in London at the moment - there are new state of the art buildings going up everywhere and the skyline is constantly evolving.

Maaasive top of the table clash at Selhurst tomorrow as well as Park run in the morning, just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment