Wednesday 2 September 2015

Auckland, NZ

Managed to drag myself out of bed for an early morning run. Stopped by the restaurant to fuel up on much needed coffee to offset the jetlag - I have forgotten how good the coffee is here.

Managed about 12kms remembering the route up to the Domain. The morning was fresh with the sun momentarily appearing. Still very much winter here. Had a nice chat with the Maori waiter who said 'hey' in every sentence. Our Jack is the master of accents and does a great Kiwi one. I chuckled as he would have been in stitches. It reminded me how we must bring the boys here one day. I have been here 20 odd times but have never properly explored. It has always been a dream of mine to spend time on the S Island. 

Strava map: http://app.strava.com/activities/383584587

Heading out now to the airport for my Sydney flight which will mean I have been on the ground for all of 18 hours. Work presentations were a success!

Pix from the office and this morning's run:

No comments:

Post a Comment