Sunday 6 September 2015

Long long haul Sunday

On the stumble home last night along the beach front with Jase and Ben, Ben and I decided to run at 5.30am but come the morning it was plainly obvious we were both in no fit state and still dehydrated! In fact we ran 2km and then Ben said enough was enough and pulled up stumps - I thought he was going to start crying at one point!

I reluctantly ran on to Shelly Beach and met him back close to the Manly surf club. We then basically jog walked it back home, call it the 'Streckeisen shuffle' and all up only made for 30 mins of jogging with me quickly inspecting our house on route.

We got back home and it still wasn't even 7.30am and of course we were both still feeling 'great' after nigh on 4 hours sleep and dehydration - precisely the preparation you need for a 24hr flight back home to Blighty.  Fair to say I was feeling a little sorry for myself knowing also that I had a full day of work ahead of me post arriving in London at 5am on the dreaded Monday morning.

Later in the day I jumped a cab to Forrestville for lunch at Peter & Susana's (my inlaws) and to meet my latest nephew Roco - a happy chappy and seriously cute. Susana (from HK) made her infamous rice soup which she always seems to make before I head out on long flights and it really sorted me out. So much so that by the time I left for the airport I started contemplating a glass of champagne. Nice to see Ange plus Mark as well.

Below are the pics from this morning's sunrise (we had plenty of time to take them given the non-existant pace), Manly's Bold & Beatifiul group entering the water for their daily morning ocean swim (who pretty sure were moving quicker than us), the new Boat House @ Shelly Beach and our house:

No comments:

Post a Comment