Friday 29 January 2016

Manhatten 60 min Tempo

It was freezing (taters*), still -5 probably even colder. But told myself no excuses and crawled out of bed at 6am knowing it will be my only window.  The photos from the office show the West side path that snakes the length of Manhatten which I followed.  I basically said 7.5ks up and back. It was so cold I had to pull my jacket over my hands so did not know what pace I was hitting when my watch buzzed the 1km markers. At 7k I snuck a quick look and the clock was showing 3.58 average which given there was black ice everywhere was pretty solid. I then turned and hung on to complete some quicker ks on the return. 15.6ks completed in 3.52s.
 
Then had to leg it back to the room to shower to make my morning meetings which ended up being back to back before taking car to airport with Amit (from our Mumbai office - he played cricket with Tendulkar up to u13s would you believe - seriously not making this stuff up).
 
The last few days have been on the one hand energizing but on the other gruelling - now to crash on overnight flight back to London.
 
The big news of the day is that our littlest man Ryder Roo has chicken pox and therfore cannot go to school for 5 days. So all of his brothers are hugging him (a first!) so they also get the chicken pox....

* cold potat'as

Today's views back on Manhattan:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment