Friday 1 January 2016

NYD

And so a new year dawns.  A successful year on the work front but mixed in so far as my running was concerned.  Most importantly the family have all made their way:

J - happy, buoyant and forever the vibrant social animal. Could not do what I do without her.

T - now at big school and feels like I have him for another year before the dreaded P. Really enjoyed being out with him / J a couple of days back.

J Jnr - freaked out by thought that he also will be at big school in September. The Schalke week was fantastic.

L - happy and constantly on my case for more surfing and skiing.

R - already in the second year of primary school and tough as old boots.

My running wrap is pretty meagre in content as I really only gave London a shot. Bearing in mind I had not ran for 2 years, had my cortisone in late Nov 14 and only started running in Jan 15 a 2.51 marathon was all I could muster.  I have spoken before about running a 2.40.59 marathon in April but I am off the pace and feels unrealsitic but I am not giving up hope.

In 2015 I ran c.3,200ks at c.300 runs.  In 2016 would like to hit 4k.

My favourtite moment of the year was stepping out of Salzburg airport, the boys with outstretched arms catching heavy snow flakes - seeing them for the first time - and the Semana Grande festival in San Sebastian in the summer.

The London episode continues to offer on the one hand rich experiences like no other place can (it feels like the epicentre of the globe right now) and then on the other is utterly dysfunctional (eg the trains are a nightmare). To conquer London you need exceedingly high energy levels, it will not take pity.  Rudimental tickets booked today - start as you mean to go on.

In 2016 we are all determined to have some more skiing and surfing family adventures.  The 2 weeks in Austria exceeded expectations with the three elder boys skiing tough icy blacks with me after 4 days as did the surfing holidays in Mauritius and Biarritz/San S.

* managed a 10.5k in the late evening with Jack on the bike in 4.15s


No comments:

Post a Comment