Sunday 19 February 2017

Saturday suffer - 31k in 4.07s: 9WU + 2 x (3T + 1F + 1T) + 4F + PR muddy + 4WD

Out of bed to make most of my only window. Had planned to meet Messi but in the park this time as I tried to get some extras under my belt. He had three x 5k on the cards at 3.30s. Too quick for me so just stuck with him for 3 floating 1 back the other way and then another 3.30ish k rejoining him for his last. Did that two times with some added float inbetween.  Messi was running strong with high cadence and welcomed Daniel's intervention for some of the float before he ran a very solid PR.

Wanting to keep it continuous I kept the float going just in time to get to the PR start line. My legs were super heavy at that point but managed to hold a 3.45 average with the 2nd and 4th always 10s slower whilst slipping in the mud.

4k warm down and smashed. No rest as straight out again to the skate park with the boys.

The weather was again spectacular today after all the snow and rain with the boys skating in their Tees. For the first time since Aus I only ran with 2 layers.

Watched Morris from America (similar to Hunt for the Wilderpeople) whilst J was out with Melissa from Manly.

Props to Laura Muir who broke Kelly Holmes' British 1k record and within a second of breaking the WR.











No comments:

Post a Comment