Saturday 1 July 2017

Flat long (38k)

38.2ks in exactly 2 hours and 45 minutes (4.19s) around Norman Park with Messi and partially Daniel Bentley who is on the way back from injury (he has pedigree!).

No gels, no brekkie and no water the whole way. Noticed the dull thud of tiredness in the legs at 20k but we just knuckled down. I think in part it was due to the monotonous flat of the park. On the way home I did a short loop of the neighbouring school playing fields to see if I could see our Jack playing for the Langley 1st team and caught him just going into bat before I had to keep moving to get home to take Lukie to footie training.

Not many observations today but the 4.15 laps in the middle park section felt comfortable so much so that the HR stayed in the mid 120s which suggests wiggle room. Honestly don't think I have felt this good since 2011 but as I always say talk is cheap and the proof is in the pudding. That being said I've had 7 months of continuous running for the first time in yonks (in fact I have never ran so much) and so my excuses are wearing thin.

J away with the girls in Valencia so flying solo, NO rest for the wicked.

Thanks to Messi for the company again and helping me get to this point. Could not do this alone.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1061873971













No comments:

Post a Comment