Tuesday 9 February 2016

20k TTT assisted by magic potions

Whenever I am feeling under the weather I head straight to the Juice shop across the road and get my double ginger shot (+ apple on the side). It really sorts me out. No coincidence that I got sick in NY when I went without. I swear by the stuff. 

Back to the running. Had a window at lunch and fronted up to the gym committed. Started the Treadmill TT with 3 x 4minkms (warm up) and then upped to 3.45s for another 17. 

20 kms done in 3.47s with wobbly moments at the 14 and 18k markers.

Did not have the HR monitor with me so could not judge overall form. Though from a confidence trough I have clawed back some much needed optimism. 

Last year 3 weeks out from the marathon I could only muster 10ks at 3.45 pace (ran 2.51) so would guestimate I am in 2.48ish shape notwithstanding I am short on long runs. Can I eek out another 5 minutes (assuming quality time to train) whilst: 

1. remaining sane, 

2. keeping the Mrs happy, 

3. Keeping my boys happy and

4. functioning properly at work? 

With the magic potion there is always hope:

No comments:

Post a Comment