Thursday 4 February 2016

More rest

Still under the weather and with work not abating am in this horrible holding pattern where only complete rest will get me better but continuing to work long hours.

Will ride out tomorrow and prey that I am up to putting the running shoes back on Saturday morning. Am not that optimistic. In the past I would have stressed out about not training but these days am more relaxed. More important stuff to worry about.

I figure that sometimes you get sick because you actually really need the rest! The three elder boys are also now off from school with the same symptoms as me.

Stat of the day: England made only 350 runs or more in their entire  first 645 one-day matches. In the 15 matches since the WC they have done it 5 times. This goes to my Roger Bannister commentary last week that belief is super important. It's not belief alone but also the training as a result of the belief that has enabled them to do it. More than 350 is almost par these days and the players exposure to 20.20 training and matches gives them the skills to execute as they currently are.


Lukie's new sock boots:


No comments:

Post a Comment