Saturday 13 February 2016

Park run (17.51) #1 place

1st place again but mainly due to a kind Messi letting me! Anyway happy with the official 17.51 which includes 2 muddy sections albeit less muddy than recent weeks (unusually the wind was on the back finishing  straight this time).

A little dissapointed to lose some form over ks #4 and #5 as up to then was averaging 3.31 despite one of the muddy sections completed.

This week I had already ran > 40ks at 4minks or less and so today's effort got me to 45 and half of those at 3.45 or less (my goal marathon pace).

On my quest to run a 2.40.59 marathon I will only know if this is on if I can get a 117 half under my belt in the next couple of months. I should also aim to execute 10k at 3.30s on the work treadmill (only managed 6k last week).

I have been reading a lot about how to reach my 2.40 goal and reckon that running as many ks at goal pace or quicker is the only way (+ long runs of course). I aways said that the faster Hurts guys ran too many of their long runs at chatting pace. Great for us mortals but not so good prep for a 2.30s marathon.

Post Park Run we grabbed the bikes with me shuffling around pushing Ryder up the hills. 

The afternoon then went down hill quickly with the visit of Watford to Selhurst. Palace are in a relegation battle and Lukie and I literally froze whilst unfortunstely witnessing it. Oh Lord.

Not much else to report on the family front. Boys are off for half term and aiming to take Thursday and Friday off next week.

Running long with Messi in the morning. The plan is 32-34, yikes!

Pics of the day.

2 comments:

  1. 2:40:59?? Why not 2:39:59?. Anyways, seems like your on track Sam. I'd agree with all those sub targets. Reckon under 77 for the half. Also agree about the chatting pace for some, although the chat does dry up on the fast finishes. I'm a big believer in the 6-10k warm up, then with 15-23km at 3:45 per/k. But then again..... I've tried and failed 3 times now to get that 2:39:59. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Justin. I have no clue if I am in dream land but will go down trying. Hope you and family are well back in Manly

    ReplyDelete