Sunday 1 May 2016

Boys day






Just  hung with my 4 boys all day and relieved that the marathon ordeal is now over and no longer under pressure to get a run in. It was beginning to do my head in.

In the morning we rode our bikes in the sunshine (Ryder can now handle the longer distances) and then the arvo spent kicking the footie in the backyard. In the evening I took them to the movies to see Civil War (the new Avengers movie) whilst J was out on a girlie night. Ryder is a total super hero freak.

My ankle and right calf are still completely screwed. 6 days in and still no way better with heavy swelling. If it stays this way in a week it will start getting annoying but right now I could not care less. That said my Chinese doctor buddy has made some slight improvement with some aggressive acupuncture yesterday.

I still feel heavily defeated by last weekend's marathon - it helped to reflect a little with J in the morning as I recalled the ordeal - it helped to talk about it. Both agreed that I need to let my obsession with the London marathon go and set some other goals. There is the Nice Cannes race in the autumn and depending on how I recover I may toy with running Berlin. Going to hit the Alps a few times over the summer too for some high altitude walking and locked in the Monte Rosa route starting from Zermatt in June. J is coming with and is already having nightmares about crampons and crossing the glacier :)

On the footie front Tommy H owes me 10+ pints after Palace gifted the Toon 3 points - someone definitely paid Cabaye to miss that pen. They really needed that win too. Trust though 'watertight defence' Stoke to screw it up at the last minute and give Sunderland a lifeline. It's going to go right down to the wire. Palace are still not out of it but cannot be caught by N'castle.












No comments:

Post a Comment