Tuesday 3 May 2016

Train chaos

And so London continues to operate as a third world country. In my 18 year career I've swung it so that thankfully I've only had to work 3.5 of which in London. I feel sorry for the poor buggers who know no different then what is continual train chaos. What a complete waste of time and unnecessary stress. It's the absolute pits and exactly what you need after a busy day in the office.

In fact today I made the call to start cycling in which I've avoided to date but today was the final straw. It actually works quite well as will get my cardio in meaning that I will be slightly less of a nightmare at home than I usually am. With some of my best buddies taking bad crashes of late namely the Streck back in Sydney I'd decided to stay away but Christ I'd rather be hit by a bus then go through this pain every day. Bring on Spring......

Cardio today was back on the rower. Now me and Hugh Toll "Tollie" use to smash out literally hundreds of Ks on these. Always set on 5.5 as per the elites and then TT for either 30 or 60 minutes. 60 is slightly sadistic but hell yeah it gets you fit. I remember both of us hitting over 8k for 30 minutes and in freak periods even >16k over the 60. In running terms I equate this easily as comparable to a sub 35 minute 10k. 

Today I started on an estimated 7,500m for 30 minutes but slowed and finished with 7,106ms which puts our 16k feats into perspective. Will persevere with the rowing and will mix it up with the bike. I reckon rowing gets you really 'bike' fit and my best ever bike form coincided with those heavy rowing sessions with Tollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment