Saturday 3 September 2016

Scared shit

Got out early for run (same but back to my 60min plod) and post lunch headed to Bidart for surf. I gave what I thought were very clear instructions to T and J where to go and not to veer into the left hand rip. So there they go and paddle out in pretty big swell.  J sensibly opted for the foamie and T the fibreglass. So I watch them go out and then stupidly run back to our spot to pick up my rashie.  Was gone all of 60secs but then got back and panicked as could see Jack but no T. I was fuming.  Told them like 15 times to stay together and to stay on that channel. There was no option but to take J's foamie and head out through the crashing waves and out the back to spy T. FFS still no Tommy and by this time I was panicking badly.  Shouted at the other surfers who thought he had drifted off in exactly the spot I told them not to go. 10 minutes passed and then decided to get back to shore to sound alarm. Jacqui sensibly in the meantime had done exactly that and when I got to shore T was there waiting. He had indeed got sucked into the southern rip and was heading for the rocks before one of the life guards who luckily was out there warning the other surfers to stay clear.

We were all relieved.

Ryder 6 still cannot say all of his part participles. Here are some examples which his brothers find hilarious but his parents not so:

1. Mummy, I readed my book
2. Dad, I buyed lots of lollies
3. Mummy, how much days are we staying here?

The list goes on.....






No comments:

Post a Comment