Thursday 15 December 2016

Luke and Heather

Ran in and Achilles actually felt ok. Constantly up and down.

Then arranged a strength session with Mark P who got me doing all sorts of stability and balance exercises. A great session.

Met Mum and Dad at 6 for the Carol service at St Brides Church across the road on Fleet Street. Met Jacqui and the boys there too and was important to make my Mum happy given we're not going to be around over the Christmas period - J went straight to the restaurant. None of us are religious but have to say it was a nice service albeit I just think that the 'church' is generally so out of touch with real life.

We then jumped into a taxi to get to Covent Garden where we met Luke and Heather for dinner and was surprised to see Umi and Janes too. Luke and Heather (+kids) were good friends in Manly and are visiting London to eventually ski.

Rafi their son in one of the pics below is not yet 13 and is already running a 2.17 800ms and has qualified for the Australian nationals at Homebush next month! Impressive.

Home at 11 and then had to log on to sort out a massive mess. Crawling over the finish line.

* I had a parenting highlight today. I think I can count them on one hand. After coming out of the service a lady made a b-line for us and commented how impeccably well behaved we were and what a brilliant Dad I was for taking them to the service. Reckon I should go to church more often!  I find parenting is just a laundry list of hard knocks and so getting that comment was something to saviour. If only she knew......







No comments:

Post a Comment