Saturday 17 October 2015

Commute, tempo and heavy rucksack all rolled in (Friday)

Yesterday I ran home with a heavy rucksack and today it was even heavier. Have always found it easy running with a rucksack and love the feeling. It brings back fond memories of high hut walking in the Alps.

Started off with colleague James B and took it easy until Sydenham Hill (the highest point of London). I then made a conscious effort to bring legs, mind and body in sync. I find that more often than not the mind is either pulling the legs or the legs are pulling the body, rarely are they working together.

The result brought about an immediate fluency. When I found the legs pushing too hard I pulled back waiting for the lungs to recover and then went again. From that moment on I ran 2 x 3.45min/k and then 5 more close to or sub 4min for 17k all up. It really worked. I figured that I would not have any time over the weekend so just went for it.

Got home feeling elated. Then watched Child44 with Jacquers, awesome movie.

Cannot wait for Palace v West Ham in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment