Saturday 5 August 2017

5k tempo - 16.55ish

Into bed at 1.30 and up early to get to Park Run but wait where were all the people? - .....it quickly became obvious that no Park Run today.  Despite little sleep ordered myself to do the 5k anyhow.

Procrastinated for long enough to bump into Jim (3 x sub 2.40 runner) who clearly has not read the Messi OCD text book re running clockwise around the park (thankfully for me!).

He asked what I was contemplating and he said he'd join which I was delighted with.  I said we should aim for 17.30 but the first k buzzed up a comfortable 3.23 so kept it at that all the way round finishing on 16.50 or 16.51 (that's at least what I thought but Strava says 16.55). Faffed around with stopping the clock annoyingly.  Felt really good today (inspired by Mo) and perhaps had some more in the tank with Jim running with me until the 4k marker.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1117975838

We then met up again discussing his China travels for a few more laps of the park to get to a 7k warm down.  16k all up.







No comments:

Post a Comment