Saturday 12 August 2017

Stephen P

Stephen P meeting today and he timely reminded me about my overall balance which considering the title of my blog is a little ironic.

Basically said that extreme running is not good for you and very unhealthy to have all your eggs in one basket. 'Your goal Sam should be to strategise how you are going to remain healthy well into your 70s as opposed to stressing about short termist running goals'. I politely nodded and thought 'well that's gonna have to wait for another 6 weeks!'

He did have a point though - it is very unhealthy to associate and identify yourself solely as a runner as ultimately injury will bring you crashing down to earth.

He wants me to factor in reflections into my daily blog and state what I have learned about myself.

Always inspiring meeting with him and thanked him massively for all the help.

Well today I learned that my patience is still somewhere between rubbish and not very good and am basically tired. I need to start the mindfulness again and drop some of the running. Running is important to me but Stephen reminded that there is plenty more shit that I am interested in and want to do with my life (such as my cycling, skiing, walking in the Alps and my photography even not to mention readressing the balance with my family and the relationship I have with my boys). On that note I locked in the Kenya trip today with my eldest.

Ran 50 minutes at lunch testing the Achilles listening to Tyler the Creator, loving the new album. Some ks home too. Achilles has now become more of a lower calfe issue and still only 40%.

No comments:

Post a Comment