Wednesday 23 August 2017

Bidart trail and afternoon double

Weather cooler today and started by running the loop outside and around the campsite. Felt great this morning with my shoulders for once not heavy and almost fluid. This gave me the impetus to attack all the hills of which there were many.

The loop completed I headed to Bidart which is an uphill slog to pick up the Bidart Beach trail which I always enjoy running with the epic views across the ocean looking south towards San Sebastian. It is up and down with each drop around 70 vertical meters.

Told myself to run all of the uphill steps working my glutes. Once back onto the top road section it's basically 4k of road home starting at the Bidart village square - ran as a tempo averaging under 4s to see me home in 4.39s for the 14k which included the 300m of vertical climbing.  Really happy with that and the best I have felt for a while now.

In the late arvo I got out again for a breezy 7k around the same circuit which goes around the campsite. 7k in 4.23s still feeling good.

Day spent lounging around the campsite though we all did visit the Quicksilver European HQ and had a wonder with my youngest checking out the neighbouring farm and a dose of table tennis.























No comments:

Post a Comment