Monday 21 August 2017

Camp site - home

So Messi had 6 x (12' MP + 3' T) on the calendar and knew there was no avoiding it. I decided on loops of the Biarritz promenade followed by the hill over to the southern promenade (the main surf beach). There was no way around the hill otherwise it meant a ridiculous amount of up and downs on the main (northern) promenade.

I did not sleep well after all of yesterday's anxiety and did not feel the best. The car journey and all the driving has made my back sore. 

I settled on a 3k warm up and what felt like 4.30s was 5.30s. Not a good sign. Now it's bloody hot down here but in truth temps were as cool as can be although it is definitely more humid for sure.

I programmed the watch for 6 x 15 with no rest and launched into it struggling with the hill and generally trying to get the ks below 4s. I nearly stopped after the first 15' but told myself you'll regret it later. Reps 2- 5 were better with the average now in the low 3.50s but struggled again on the last with the 6th rep starting on that bleeding hill.

Nothing flash but done for 30ks all up in 4.12s with slow warm ups and downs included. Strava said 900m of vertical climbing but don't think that is right. Reckon more like 500m but anyway it was hilly for sure.

Post breakfast at the hotel with the family and a swim at the beach we headed over to Bidart to the campsite. Nice being back here and is probably my favourite 2 weeks of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment