Monday 19 June 2017

First proper session

Well today finally came around and it was already hot by the time I met Messi at 8am. The plan was for one of his specials: 5E + 10T + 5 flow + 5T + 5E.

With no Park Run this week we had to fend for ourselves.

Basically was controlled running 3.41 average up to 7kms but then the heat and general lack of fitness started biting.  Had to work really hard to stay at the 3.41 average and hit 170 bpm which is very high for me.

Messi ordered that we immediately float but I was not having it and had to run to the bathroom.  By the time I met him again running the opposite way my bpm was still in the 150s (per the HR monitor and not the watch device one which is a load of bollocks).  It just was not receding and I was overheating badly.  I was absolutely soaked.

Before we knew it we were into the 5k tempo (3.41s MP for Messi, Tempo for me) and I lasted 3 kms before I had to let him go as I went into survival mode.  Probably ended with a not too flash 3.50 average but the temps were now hitting the high 20s. 29kms done in 4.11s.  This is the beauty of these sessions as it really gets the average down.

Rooted for the rest of the day.  In fact my Garmin Connect gave me a 5.0 score for the Training Effect.  I cannot ever remember getting that score before and the 147 average HR for 2 hours says it all.

Jack though was pestering me for a ride and so in the heat we went for it around the country lanes which loop around Biggin Hill Airport stopping for ice-cream in Downe.  Nice time with #2 and he has excellent bike handling skills for a 12 year old.  In fact he has recently nailed the wheelie aka Sagan! 35kms done.

PM at Lukie's school performance which was actually pretty good.

Absolutely spent and into bed at midnight with temps still around 30 dc.





























No comments:

Post a Comment