Thursday 29 June 2017

Session 2 x 8k (3.41s)

22k for the day pre breakfast with Messi and basically wrecked for the rest of the day.

With being slightly under the weather the last 2 days I was dreading this. After a 4K warm up we were straight into it. The Ks seemed to rattle away just under 3.40s with 3.40 the goal pace (Messi's marathon pace). It's always the same, the quicker top end K followed by the slower slightly up hill one.  On this rep I was mostly running side by side and then at 6K I noticed the HR hitting 160.  At that point I had to work harder than I would have liked to stay the pace. Finished with a HR of 163 and a 3.40 average for the 8ks.

A quick rest walking to retrace our steps on the upper side. Messi then ordered we get straight back into it. Once back onto the top straight (the quicker one) the wind was picking up and so I cheated by using Messi as a shelter. It was probabaly around the 4K marker that the legs started going lactic and not helped by yesterday's strength session. I had to let Messi go which meant no shelter on that bloody windy top straight. The pace dropped as a result and Ks 6 and 7 were only 3.50s but managing to pull it back with a 3.37 last K.  I was absolutely knackered by the end with the 16k session done in 3.41s.

The 2k jog to Bromley South was a struggle. But that was nothing compared to how I felt in the all day meeting which was heavy going. Thankfully they served up lunch which came to my rescue.

Lots of successes with the work team today on various fronts which is very welcome. Not much else but did get a nod from Philip Hammond (incumbent UK Chancellor of the Exchequer) who was in our offices no doubt discussing Brexit amongst other things. For once I did not think the selfie was appropriate!

Session:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1059233497

No comments:

Post a Comment