Tuesday 29 March 2016

Altitude hell

More intensive skiing today and then got home at 4pm spent but told myself to do the 4 x 5k session around the lake. After 2ks warm up I got straight into it hitting the backstraight of the lake with the wind in my face. I struggled through and got it done but my legs truely felt the same as they do in those last 8ks of a marathon.

Have been feeling sick ever since despite the modest times. Am hoping that was down to the full days skiing as well as the altitude but I spoke with Uschi today (ski instructor slash marathon runner) and her coach reckons that any work done on the road is undone on the slope. Have told myself to take it easy skiing for the next few days. Time will tell if I rue this skiing trip as far as the running is concerned that is.

Strava feed with map:
https://www.strava.com/activities/530129555

The weather was meant to be bad today but the sun shone all day again which made it warm. Up top the snow is still excellent but by mid afternoon it was getting very slushy on the lower slopes - a recipe for injury. That said Tommy, Lukie and I went down the final #5 black together into Zell having a ball.

During the day it was more of the same. Hopping from one of the boys' or J's groups to throwing in some more technical blacks.


Pictures of the day:







Lukie ready:

Ryder getting ready:



At lunch looking like the weather was going to change:



#5 into Zell at the tope of the very icy section:



Ryder ski school  - him tiny second in line:





Jack and Tommy together (always nice to see them getting along and sharing good times:



Jack taking a tumble (blaming me!)



From the lift - Ryder down below:
 T and J:

Jacqui with her school:

Jacqui with her teacher - known to knock back a schnaps or two:


Lukie, Tommy and I on the #5:



No comments:

Post a Comment