Friday 11 March 2016

Hello Spring

Rolled out of bed at 6AM but the legs were dead after yesterday's strength session as well as being massively sleep deprived post sleeping poorly (elated and still rejoicing thoughts of Wemberrrrley).  

The long run was not a sensible option plus the dodgy left ankle was sore.

Instead shuffled over to Norman Park for the Park Run planning to jog round. The first 400m I did precisely that before pulling my finger out and telling myself to man-up followed by picking off the runners ahead. The quicker I got the easier it became. Despite the slow start I managed 17.55ish.

Afternoon running around the boys. Lukie had his Crystal Palace x-country again and was tetchy afterwards coming in some way behind his best mate Josh (#9th).

Managed to spend some time in the garden. A stunningly still, warm and sunny day. Feels like Spring is finally here and thank Christ for that as I was beginning to think that Winter would never end. Last week was bitterly cold (well below zero in Lux and Amsterdam).

Need to cajole myself into a long run in the morning.

PS I am officially a single parent this weekend with Jacqui out both nights and hungover today and almost certainly tomorrow too :)

Springtime in the garden:





No comments:

Post a Comment