Friday 25 March 2016

Hilly Long

This is my standard LONG run and it is bloody tough with nigh on 500ms of vertical climbing. Figured I had to go long today as tomorrow we are travelling and Sunday the skiing fun will begin. So last real opportunity and very thankful to J for giving me the window.

It was a beaut of a day too which made for warm conditions. I was also nervous about the right hammy which was irritable but at the 17k marker it miraculously dissapeared. At that point I had been averaging 4.20s and nearly all up hill too as I started to head back around Biggin Hill through all the villages starting with Tatsfield, Cudham and finally Downe.

At 23k I was buggered with all the recent running taking its toll but managed to keep the ks respectable getting home in 2hours 22 (33ks in 4.17s).

In the arvo I just mucked about with the boys in the backyard.

Flower pics are just for Tommy H :)and here are the Strava stats:

https://www.strava.com/activities/526321853

PS great to see Ben S out running again back home in Sydney.




No comments:

Post a Comment