Saturday 5 March 2016

Running notes Friday

Legs were feeling it as well as sleep deprived but had pre planned to run into work given had left my suit at work the night before.

Not much to report other than 17ks in 4.30s.  This is actually one of my quicker runs in.  Usually first thing I struggle around 4.50s.

Strava dump:
https://www.strava.com/activities/508231608

In the afternoon I had planned a running management session with Mark P.  Lots of interesting stuff but basically my core and running action is shocking.  I like to blame it on breaking my foot and ankle op but in truth my running style was never the smoothest. 

Notes from the session:

Morning routine
1. Drink half litre of water first thing.
2. Sun Salutations - X 2-3 (do these before and after runs as well)

Foot strength

1. Barefoot - balance on one leg, brace spine.  For 30 secs move head in up/down and side to side pattern. Rpt X 2-3 sets each leg.  Do a minimum dose and often.

Running Form
1. Run tall - brace spine.

2. Hips forward/Lean in.

3. 'Hot coals' (keep feet underneath you, tread lightly, pull feet up)

Bracing Spine.

1. Squeeze butt as hard as you can.
2. Pull down lower ribs.
3. Tighten abs
4. Pull shoulders back and down.

Release off to about 25% hold.

P.s highly recommend getting compression socks. Look for CEP you can find them on Amazon.  You will need to measure your calf girth, widest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment