Tuesday 1 March 2016

Steal from down under

This morning I was devoid of inspiration so checked out the overnight Strava feed from Aus and the Manly crew had all packed in a 6 x 1k session so figured that was good enough for me.

Started with a slow 2k warm up and then went straight into it with each rep set on 3.20s and rolling off 5 minutes. I also threw in a 250m jog inbetween sets. I was blowing pretty heavily at the end but glad to be over with. With 1.5k warm down I ended up with 11k in 45 minutes.

Most importantly the body is holding up and will keep cracking on this week having had my lighter one last week. Next week I am on the road with work and so running opportunities are going to be hard to come by.

Time is racing by with really only 6 or so weeks of intense training left. Preying that I don't get myself fit and then try something silly on the skiing 2 weeks over Easter. Would be a massive shame and a huge waste of time.

*The two middle boys had their school x-country races today with Jack winning and Lukie 6th.

2 comments:

  1. Squeaky Bum time Sammy Agnew , The Tin Pot Palace getting dragged into that relegation battle. Surely Villa, Newcastle and Palace can't ALL go down?
    6 weeks to go before London mate, keep it ticking over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeaky indeed. We are rubbish at the minute. Saving ourselves for winning the FA cup

    ReplyDelete