Sunday 20 March 2016

Long run with Roger and Rory

Sensible 9am meet with the boys' games only kicking off later in the day. Plan was to run direction Sevenoaks for 9.5k and then straight back into the park for some tempo stuff.

Roger was on pacing duties for Rory so I set off ahead. Like all my other training I never have any plan and just go by feeling. The distance I had down for the tempo was 12k which started at the 17k marker without stopping. At that stage we were averaging 4.40s with lots of chatter.

The first k of the tempo came up as 3.37 and decided on holding 3.45s which I did relatively easily. Half way through I wondered whether I should push for 15k but as the other two were only doing 10 12k seemed OK.

At the end of the tempo I caught my breath by running a 1k flow followed by another 4 upping pace again to get me home for 34ks in 4.15s. On reflection I really should have stuck to the 15k tempo but after the tough Tuesday half marathon session I guess ok. I think I am still missing a couple of 30k tempos. Am planning one for Good Friday and will try at 3.50s. Will make sure I am fresh.

No rest for the wicked when I got home as cycled with Lukie to his game at the Bromley Arena. Disappointment when the Peckham team turned up with 3 players so ended up having a dads v kids game. More running. I joked with Lukie's coach that I had ran 34k that morning and he clearly did not believe me. Back home and then Ryder demanded he also go on a bike ride - holy crap.

I am totally knackered. 330ks done over the last 3 weeks.

Lukie thumping penalty after having been upended by one of the dads:





Ryder bike ride around the school playing fields:



No comments:

Post a Comment