Monday 16 January 2017

15k tempo

Met Messi at 730 AM top of the hill knowing that Park Run had been cancelled due to the ice so did not bode well. After jogging a couple of laps the stretch along the athletics track was particularly icy - there was black ice everywhere.

And so we got started and just told myself to focus on 5k then 10 and then 15. Messi stopped at 7 as was struggling for grip with his flats with me faring a little better. I persevered and finished with 3.47s but Messi saying that by his watch it was a little slower albeit tempered by the crap conditions. We had to constantly break our stride on that back straight.

Delighted to get it done and am a lot further on then this time last year. On the warm down I bumped into Daniel who had also ran a tempo. Shortly after we regrouped with Messi for a long warm down during which the right Achilles got more and more agrivated and I think it was down to the conditions more than anything else. Half way through Messi went flying on his backside (the 2nd time for the morning, I then stacked it running up Meadway).

28k for the morning's efforts and already at > 120kms for the week. Battered and bruised.

Afternoon spent with the Fam watching Hunt for the Wilderpeople (we were all in stitches and by far and away one of the best movies I have seen in a country mile). My boys are now obsesssed with Ricky Baker. Thanks to Maori Jase for the recommendation!

Proof of my stack, fuel, grumpy guts and Ricki Baker:












No comments:

Post a Comment