Tuesday 24 January 2017

Timmy Lindop: we are going down

Dear Timmy, I admit Palace are going down. Happy? Now please leave me alone for heavens sake.

Back to more important matters, my mediocre running.....

Shocking journey in put pay to my 3 by 3k early morning session. The train broke down at Herne Hill which meant either waiting another 30 minutes or saying scrap that and running the rest which I duly did.  Route took me through vibrant Brixton, Vauxhall and then Westminster. Nice old trot that one and 11ish ks for my efforts but slow as. Brixton:


Late morning I had a small window and so legged it back outside for the 3 by 3km with 2 minutes rest. I was ring rusty and tired for the first one, improved for the second and improved again for the final. Effort 6 out of 10 but another session notched in ideal conditions (cool, sunny and no wind).

Am generally nervous about all the kms coming home to roost and have felt fatigued more in my core than anything else over the last few days. The pounding on Sunday's race going downhill is playing havoc with my groin slash lower stomach. With warm up and down 14kms.


3k home in the late evening. 27 and too many kms for the day but forced upon me due to the train chaos.

Ever heard of Glenn Whelan - well here's all you need to know:




1 comment:

  1. Careful with groin/lower stomach pain, could be osteitis pubis which I've been struggling with (mild form) for the past few months.

    ReplyDelete